The Market opens next month (June 24th) and we couldn’t be more excited. To get you in the mood, here’s a crustless quiche that uses ingredients from our farms!
Easy one-skillet spring vegetable crustless quiche: A great light supper, brunch, or potluck offering. Serve warm or at room temperature. Gluten free!
Ingredients: 5 large farmstead eggs, 1 cup whole milk, 1/2 to 1 cup each vegetable (I use Swiss chard, mushrooms, and leeks), 2 cups grated cheese of your choice, some olive oil, and salt & pepper.
Method: Preheat oven to 375 deg. F
- Using a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet, heat up a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 cups of Swiss chard and sautee for a couple of minutes until chard shrinks in size. Remove chard from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, sautee the sliced mushrooms. Be sure to wipe the dirt off the mushrooms, if they are whole, before slicing.
- Repeat this process with ½ cup of thinly sliced leeks.
- Remove any leftover vegetable juice and wipe out the skillet. Add a bit more oil if needed. Turn off the heat on the stovetop.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until completely blended, then add milk, cheese, and salt and pepper. Mix until blended.
- Combine sauteed vegetables with egg mixture, blending well. Return entire mixture to skillet. To garnish with extra color, slice cherry tomatoes and evenly distribute over the top.
- Place quiche in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes or until firmly set.
Tips: –Use eggs that are at room temperature. This will ensure that your veggie quiche bakes more evenly and faster too. –Don’t skimp on the eggs, and use whole milk or 2%, otherwise the quiche will be runny. –Use any kind of cheese you like! Cheddar, Swiss, and Gryuere do well. –Other veg suggestions: asparagus, peas, spinach, steamed radishes, or whatever you have on hand.
You must be logged in to post a comment.